School leaders and chairs of governors are well placed to tackle sometimes sensitive subjects related to racism, diversity and inclusion. You also know your communities and are likely to have resources and activities that will complement or reflect the themes of Stephen Lawrence Day.
There are many ways your school can participate, and here are just a few.
- Read our Information for Schools Booklet, jam-packed with information and suggestions that schools can tailor to suit them.
- Run our Stephen Lawrence Day assemblies in your school
- Read a book from our Annotated Reading lists here, available for both EYFS and Primary titles and Secondary and Post 16 titles
- Download one of our Live Our Best Life posters and display proudly in your school
- Use our Stephen Lawrence Day logo and other social media assets to promote your own events
Use or modify our briefing materials and share these with staff, parents and governors. More information is available in our Information for Schools booklet. You can find staff briefing resources and suggested workshops for parents
We’d love to inspire others with what you’re doing. Let us know what you’re up to by tagging us into your social media posts and updating our activities map!