Historic England are offering paid summer placements for 8 weeks in a variety of positions either remotely or in-person at one of their offices around England as part of their Heritage Inclusion Placements Programme. Training bursaries will be provided at £330 per week outside London and £380 per week inside London.
Historic England is a non-departmental public body protecting the historic environment of England by preserving and listing historic buildings, scheduling ancient monuments, registering Historic Parks and Gardens and by advising central and local government.
In the summer of 2022, Historic England are offering training placements across their offices for young people aged 18 to 24 years old that are involved in programmes at Blueprint for All across two priority audiences:
- People with Black, Asian and minority ethnic heritage
- People who are disadvantaged by their social and/or economic background or circumstances
are taking positive action by providing training opportunities to tackle under-representation in the heritage workforce.
It’s important to understand that these are not jobs but short-term placements which provide training opportunities across a variety of roles in the heritage sector and our organisation. Participants will not receive a salary or wage, but a training bursary to cover living expenses.
- Aged 18 -24 of diverse ethnic heritage and/or from a disadvantaged socio-economic background
- Interested in heritage and/or the built environment
- No experience/ training/ qualifications needed
Please see the paid summer placements below with a link to the job description. To apply, please fill out the application form.