Chobham Manor Architecture Work Placement – PRP Architects
We have an exciting opportunity for an Architecture student to gain experience working on the Chobham Manor project. The placement will be with PRP, one of London’s leading architectural practices.
Charitable housing association L&Q and leading national homebuilder Taylor Wimpey have been selected to construct the new homes at Chobham Manor by the London Legacy Development Corporation, with some of the first properties occupied. As part of the Chobham Manor project, we are providing employment opportunities for local people.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is promoting this opportunity through their extensive network and will be administering the bursary payments to the successful candidate.
· You must be a resident or student, living in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Hackney. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people who live and study in these boroughs.
· You must be a Part I student or graduate and be available from August for 4 weeks.
· You must not have secured employment in the architectural field before.
The selected candidate will receive a paid bursary towards helping progress their journey as an architect and cover any expenses during the placement (such as travel) T&C’s apply.
How to apply for this placement:
Provide a written 300 word personal statement telling us:
· Why you would like to work on the Chobham Manor development?
· What you are hoping to gain from the placement with PRP?
· Personal profile including your background e.g. positives and negatives of where you live
· Aspirations and knowledge of the architecture field
· Provide your current CV, with most recent qualifications and employment history
· Provide examples of two previous projects you have worked on as part of your studies. These projects should best represent your skills and design flair as they will be key in informing the selection process. The preferred format is an A3 brochure, which can be submitted electronically in a PDF format.
· Please say that your heard about the opportunity via the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust.
Send your applications to:
Sharan Ansong, Business Lead – Chobham Manor
Post: L & Q Housing Trust, 29-35 West Ham Lane, Stratford, London E15 4PH
Shortlisting – Wednesday 28th August