The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is dedicated to improving the lives of young people and communities from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds.
Through our portfolio of high-impact programmes and partnerships we:
- Work with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, aged 13 to 30 to inspire and enable them to succeed in the career of their choice.
- Empower individuals and communities to create better places for people to live and work.
- Support people to create a fairer, inclusive society in which everyone can flourish.
To assist the CEO in achieving the Trust’s aims and objectives; and provide a comprehensive support service for the CEO & Trustees, maintaining the highest possible standards of communication at all times. Whether you are an experienced EA or an individual who wishes to take their career to the next stage, this role provides development and growth opportunities within an ambitious and expanding charity. You will enjoy the challenges of staying ahead of change and keeping the CEO and Board of Trustees well informed.
- To undertake research, prepare reports, responses and statistical information as required
- Draft speeches and presentations for CEO for external partner meetings
- Prepare, proofread and revise draft documents (including legal), correspondence, trustee papers, external presentations to corporates and partners
- Coordinate projects/initiatives delegated by the Chief Executive
- Provide secretarial support: taking minutes, agenda drafting, collating papers in advance, coordinating meetings
- Manage complex and conflicting diary pressures, and manage travel logistics
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters within the responsibilities of the Chief Executive
- Meeting arrangements and support for the CEO, including scheduling, invitations, refreshments, AV needs, conference and videoconference calls and on-the-day assistance
- Meeting arrangements and support for the senior management team, including scheduling, invitations, minute taking, preparation of materials, and on-the-day assistance
- Working with the wider SLCT to achieve the trusts aims and objectives.
Board of Trustees
- Preparation of agenda to incorporate relevant reports and actions from previous minutes in consultation with the Chief Executive, Chair and other senior leaders
- Progressing actions on minutes, including ensuring prompt circulation to Board
- Liaise with those preparing papers for meetings to ensure they are available for distribution and distribute the agenda and papers prior to the meeting.
- To maintain confidentiality of information in line with Data protection legislation and safeguarding requirements.
- Support the delivery of the annual report.
To be the successful candidate you must demonstrate your track record against the following criteria and competencies in your application:
- 2 years + experience in relevant role
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with all levels
- Taking ownership to drive desired outcomes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Track record of excellent written and verbal communications skills including the preparation of board papers
- Ability to prioritise changing requirements
- Getting results in tight timescales
- Ability to filter information
- To attend supervisions, team meetings and other meetings, as and when required.
- To attend internal and external training courses, as agreed with your line manager.
- To represent the organization at internal and external events including networking events, fundraising events and launch activities, as and when required, occasionally on evenings and weekends.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is keen to encourage applications from individuals from a diverse range of applicants. We are particularly proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Please complete a 1-page covering letter statement attached to your CV demonstrating your capabilities in relation to each of the essential and personal qualities listed above, addressing each point in the order shown.
Where relevant use your answers to illustrate how your competences have helped you achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being short listed.
Please email completed application to email@example.com
Please note, we will interview suitable candidates before the closing date.