Responsible to: Head of Finance
Location: The Stephen Lawrence Centre, Deptford, London SE8 4HU
Hours: 21 hours per week (part time)
Contract level: Permanent
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is a small charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people and communities from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds.
Through our portfolio of high-impact programmes we:
• Work with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds aged 13 to 30 to inspire and enable them to succeed in the career of their choice.
• Empower individuals and communities to create better places for people to live and work.
• Support people to create a fairer society in which everyone, regardless of their background, can flourish
Over the last two years, we have undergone an exciting journey to move from being London-focused to having national reach and presence. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Finance Officer to join the team and help us along our journey to achieving further growth.
Main duties/ responsibilities:
Supplier processing and reconciliations
· Monitor accounts email inbox
· Electronic filing to QuickBooks and Shared drive
· Process supplier invoices, bills, charge cards, staff expenses and other costs
· Stock order reconciliation to invoices
· Prepare payment runs for approval and upload to online banking
· Allocations of payments to ledgers
· Sending remittance advices to suppliers
· Supplier relationship management
· Supplier statement reconciliations
· Customer processing and reconciliations including processing grant and donation receipts
– Update the CRM for grant payments.
· Bank reconciliations
· Petty cash management, processing and reconciliation
· Month end journals and reconciliations e.g. accruals, prepayments, allocations, payroll, grant accruals
· Prepare management accounts using reports from Quick Books
Year-end reporting and Audit
· Assist with annual audit and accounts preparation
· Prepare Trial balance and year end reconciliations for auditors
· Provide financial information for funders reports
· To perform any other reasonable duties as required by the organisation.
· Minimum AAT qualified or relevant QBE.
· At least three years’ experience in a similar role, of which one year must be working within a charity.
· Experience with QuickBooks and/or similar finance systems as well as proficiency in Excel.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent English language skills (both written and oral).
· Ability to work autonomously to achieve agreed objectives and organisational targets with minimal supervision.
· High level of organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a thorough and systematic approach to diagnosing and solving problems.
· Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication.
· An ability to conduct all duties in a manner that is non-judgmental and respects differences.
How to apply
All candidates must provide a CV and covering letter (no longer than one page in length) that addresses the person specification and states how you heard about this job opportunity. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th of September.
Please submit your application via the below method.
As part of our recruitment process the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS basics check, and any employment offer is subject to satisfactorily references.