Job Title: Programmes Officer
Reports to: Senior Programmes Manager
Salary level: £21,000- £23,000
Hours: 35 hours per week (full time)
Contract level: 1 Year Fixed-Term
Background to the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust runs high impact programmes that inspire and enable young people from under-represented backgrounds to succeed. We work with young people and communities to broaden their view of what is possible and help them gain the knowledge, skills, and qualifications they need.
The Trust seeks to be a fitting memorial to Stephen by striving to develop a cohesive society that values and supports young people from diverse backgrounds and is dedicated to creating a more equal society. The Trust also works with government, business, and communities to create a society in which everyone, regardless of their background, has the opportunity and support to flourish.
Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust Programmes
The SLCT programmes span three main areas:
Built Environment: Our built environment programmes work to make architecture as a profession and the built environment that surrounds it, diverse, accessible, and representative celebrating and giving voice to the rich and diverse cultural heritage of people from every background. We run alumni, bursary and social value projects and programmes and diverse built environment recruitment to work towards achieving this.
Communities: Our communities programmes empower community groups and the people who lead them to share what is important to them, influence how decisions are made, and make positive changes to improve things for local people. At the core of all our programmes is a commitment to social action and capacity building. We support people and groups to solve the real-life problems that are important in their communities. We also help them to develop their infrastructure and ways of working that maximise their impact. And we help them to develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to drive positive change.
Schools: Our schools programme is focused on aiding school-aged young people with skills, opportunities, and knowledge to build their career aspirations. The vast majority of students we work with are from BAME, minority or disadvantaged backgrounds and we work with schools in London, Manchester, and Birmingham.
Our programmes are diverse and growing aligned with the needs of the breadth of our beneficiaries, partners, funders, and organisational strategic aims. This role is a key role to increase the cohesion between our existing programme strands and new programmes and projects that we have.
Purpose of this post is:
The role of the Programmes Officer is focused on the delivery on the full range of SLCT programmes. This role will have a special focus on cross-programme work, bringing greater collaboration between our existing and growing programmes in the main programme strands. This programme officer role will focus on beneficiary delivery and support, programme corporate and other key partner relationship management, collaborative working with all members of the programmes team, delivering on the short-time and bespoke programmes and projects that sit within the programmes portfolio and delivery on the established and long-standing programmes and projects.
Main Duties: (subject to update with organisational and funder priorities)
· Delivering on the Connecting People and Places Project with the Project Consultant and Regional Project Coordinators and the Project Advisor
· Facilitating cross-programme beneficiary communication in collaboration with the programme delivery team
· Creating and sharing cross-programme beneficiary resources and case studies
· Collating cross-programme continuous improvement suggestions to share with the Head of Programmes
· Facilitating the programmes corporate partnership in partnership with the fundraising team under the guidance of the Head of Programmes and the Head of Operations
· Delivering on the SLCT Social Value Projects with our delivery partners
· Delivering on the Lewisham BME Network Programme with the Community Development Manager
· Delivering on the National and London-wide Leadership Programme
· Delivering on bespoke and short-term programmes and projects in collaboration with the programmes delivery team and under the guidance of the Head of Programmes and Special Projects consultant
· Driving up programmes usage of YourSpace Event and Meeting Space
· Feeding into funder and trustee reporting
· Collaborating with wider programmes team and the communications team collate information and data to be used to ensure the programmes social media, website news and wider website posting are creative and up to date
• Delivering programme activities in relation to the varying work streams, ensuring that the best practice guidelines are developed and adhered to
• Monitoring, reviewing, and evaluating activities periodically, with guidance from the Head of Programmes
· Keep abreast of developments, changes and best practice in the fields related to our programmes (schools, built environment and communities)
· Knowledge of programme delivery with BAME and underprivileged beneficiaries
· Undertake any other duties which may arise from time to time, commensurate with the scope of the post and within the capabilities of the post holder
· This post is subject to a Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check
Knowledge and role requirements
· Strong communication skills both written and oral
· IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of programme delivery
Additional job requirements
· Willingness and ability to work outside of normal office hours
· Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
Based at the Stephen Lawrence Centre, Deptford.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is keen to encourage applications from people from all backgrounds including race, disability, gender, faith, and sexual orientation.
The post will be subject to a DBS check.
Please complete a covering letter statement, of a maximum of 2-pages, attached to your CV demonstrating your capabilities in relation to each of the essential and personal qualities listed above, addressing each point in the order shown.
Where relevant use your answers to illustrate how your competences have helped you achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being short listed. Please email completed application to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and a successful candidate will be appointed if found ahead of the advertised deadline, so we encourage you to apply early.