The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust have an exciting project called: Connecting People and Places. This project consists of two phases; the objectives for the entire two-phase project are to explore:
- How have BAME communities had a voice in the planning and design of sites that are significant to them?
- How have organisations collaborated with BAME communities positively to preserve or highlight an example of heritage?
- How might we encourage more recognition of BAME perspectives and stories within the architecture and heritage sector?
The Opportunity: We are excited to announce that we are currently recruiting for 6 Regional Project Coordinators [RPCs] for the second phase of our landmark: Connecting People and Places Project. 1RPC will be required for the following 6 UK locations: Cambridge, Bristol, Leicester, Sheffield, Liverpool and London.
- An opportunity to lead on phase 2 of the landmark Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust project (funded by Heritage Lottery)
- An opportunity to work with a network of peer RPCs on a nationwide project
- Free training and workshops that will build skills and expertise both related to the built environment and heritage and wider skills (most notably podcast development, exhibition curation and publication development)
- Monthly paid project deliverables(approximately £150 of deliverable work per month)An opportunity to co-lead project volunteers
- Stakeholder management experience (both regional and national)
- Support and development from the SLCT Head of Programmes and Lead Project Consultant
The successful RPC candidate will:
- Have a keen and demonstrable interest and experience in the built environment sector
- Have an interest in heritage
- Identify as BAME
- Be motivated to engage in with the project as an RPC for the duration of phase 2
- Be interested in undertaking personal development to enable themto successfully enhance the skills required to produce the project deliverables
How to Apply: Please answer the following3 questions in an email to: email@example.com by 23:59 Sunday 3rd May 2020, please also include your best contact number too:
- What is your BAME identity?
- Why do you want to be involved in this project? (up to 100 words)
- How will this project benefit from your participation? (up to 100 words)
Call with shortlisted applicants are scheduled for the morning of Monday 5th May