We have an exciting opportunity for a student in construction project management to gain paid experience working on the Chobham Manor project. The placement will be with Taylor Wimpey, one of the largest homebuilders in the UK.
Charitable housing association L&Q, and leading national homebuilder Taylor Wimpey have been selected to construct the new homes at Chobham Manor by the London Legacy Development Corporation, with some of the first properties occupied. As part of the Chobham Manor project, they are providing employment opportunities for local people.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust are promoting this opportunity through their extensive network and will be administering the bursary payments to the successful candidate and mentoring them through the duration of their placement.
A second-year university student or recent graduate of a construction management course
Good strong knowledge of land/technical/development/legal processes
A passion for the built environment
Manage critical paths and programmes
Gain experience as either a project or discipline manager within a residential development organisation
Ability to work and deliver in a high-pressure environment
Efficiently manage people, processes, and time
Gain a working knowledge/experience of CDM regulations
Good strong knowledge of land/ technical/development/legal processes
The selected candidate will receive a paid bursary towards helping progress as a Trainee Assistant Site Manager. The bursary will be paid at the London Living Wage rate and will help cover any day to day expenses during the placement such as travel and food allowance etc. T&C’s apply.
· You must be a resident or student living in the borough of Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Hackney.
· You must be a second-year student or a recent graduate; studying in Construction Project Management, Site Management, or a graduate in project management.
· Ideally already hold a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
· Be available from Mid-August for 6 weeks.
· You must not have secured employment as a Construction Project Manager before.
· Communicate well and collaborate
· Be well planned and organised
· Deliver right first time and keep promises
· Set clear professional standards
· Develop good relations and act with integrity
How to apply for this placement:
Provide a written 300 word personal statement telling us:
· Why you would like to work on the Chobham Manor development?
· What you are hoping to gain from the placement with Taylor Wimpey?
· Personal profile including your background e.g. positives and negatives of where you live
· Aspirations and knowledge of construction project management
· Provide your current CV, with most recent qualifications and employment history
· Please say that your heard about the opportunity through the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust
Deadline for applications to be received by Friday 19 July 2019
Interviews will take place early July and the 4/6 week work experience placement will start late July 2018.
Send your applications to:
Post: L & Q Housing Trust, 29-35 West Ham Lane, Stratford, London E15 4PH
Application deadline – Friday 19 July
Shortlisting – Thursday 25 July
Interview – Wednesday 31 July
Start – Monday 12 August