Trainee Project Manager / Full-time, 40 Hours per Week
£10.55 Per Hour
Southmere Village, Thamesmead / Thamesmead Regeneration Project
Candidates should currently be living within the London Borough of Bexley, however other candidates from surrounding boroughs will be considered.
General Job Description:
This is an opportunity for a local resident to take the first step in their career towards becoming a professional construction manager.
It is initially for 12 months, though if at the end of this period, the candidate has demonstrated clear ability, talent and potential, Durkan will actively consider them for a permanent role.
To undertake the full range of activities expected of a construction project manager, including (but not limited to):
- Playing an active role in maintaining excellent health & safety practices on the project
- Supporting the project team to achieve the project costs and programme and quality requirements expected by our client
- Working with the Contracts Manager, Project Director and Surveying and Design teams to find collaborative solutions to project challenges for the benefit of our client and residents
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with our client, architects, professional consultants and sub-contractors
- To act as the agent of your own personal development by taking every opportunity to increase your learning and understanding, and progress towards becoming a professional construction manager
Candidates must be keen, enthusiastic and highly motivated to succeed.
Attendance and timekeeping are key qualities required, alongside an ability to take instructions and a willingness to learn.
Durkan welcomes applications from under-represented groups, including women and people with disabilities.
Candidates should currently be studying for a qualification at level 3-7 in a construction subject, OR have completed a construction qualification at this level within the past 3 years.
Closing Date: 30/09/2019