The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust believes all young people should get the information and support they need to make informed decisions about their education and future careers.
Pathways to Professions is a 3-year programme, funded by the Clothworker Foundation, which provides young people aged 13–15 years with skills, opportunities and knowledge to build their career aspirations. The programme started in September 2019 and is desigend to support young people to understand the breadth of career opportunities available in today’s economy and to help them acquire the requisite skills for success in the workplaces of the future. Working with schools in London, Manchester and Birmingham, the vast majority of students we work with are from BAME, minority or disadvantaged backgrounds.
Over the course of each academic year, we partner with 5 core programme schools to deliver sustained and regular interventions with a group of students. In the first year our core schools are Deptford Green, Addey & Stanhope, Oaklands, Stretford High School and Chorlton High School. We also work with many other schools to deliver one-off, short-term and bespoke initiatives.
Highlights of the programme include: workshops delivered by aspirational industry professionals, careers talks, trips and visits to professional work spaces, small-group and one-to-one mentoring and careers carousels. In addition, we provide schools with educational resources, toolkits and other support to ensure young people benefit from excellent and aspiration career guidance.
Read our Pathways to Professions End of Year 1 Report describing activities on the programme and our impact.
- If you would like to be one of our programme’s core schools in which we facilitate workshops, trips, workplace tours and more on a monthly basis please email email@example.com with your school name and your request. In the subject line please write [school name] programme core school query.
- If you would like a one-off career talk, workplace tour or session please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the name of your school
- the group size (maximum 25)
- the desired sector e.g. STEM/ Arts/ Law etc
- And other details of your request so that it be processed by a member of our programmes team.
- In the subject line please write [school name] programme bespoke school query.
There are a range of practical ways you can support our work with schools from delivering a careers talk to mentoring. Find out more about some of the practical ways your organisation can support our work in schools.