Blueprint for All Programmes
Building Careers: We work with schools, universities, community groups and employers to inspire and enable young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, aged 13-30 to pursue the career of their choice. From career advice to support gaining skills, qualifications and the critical foundations required to ensure professional success, we aid young people on their journey to a fulfilling and successful career.
Supporting Communities: We run programmes nationally that support community groups working primarily with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds and those from challenging socio-economic backgrounds to maximise their impact and make positive changes for local people.
Enriching Society: We are working to create a society where talent is respected and nurtured irrespective of where it comes from, where organisations recognise and realise the benefits of a diverse workforce, and where our communities can come together and thrive for example our bespoke consultancy Building Inclusive Futures purpose is to drive systemic change in organisations and society as a whole.
Digital Transformation: In 2022, we are working to develop an innovative digital platform that will connect talented and ambitious young people with opportunities with employers and in industries that would normally be out of their reach. These opportunities will include mentoring, work placements, internships and employment. Organisations joining the digital platform will be able to post opportunities and benefit from access to a rich mix of talent that they often struggle to reach. Young people from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds will get the support and experience they need to enter the career of their choice.
Purpose of this post:
Blueprint for All are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Fundraising Manager with a track record for meeting and exceeding income-generating targets; to manage our Regular Giving from individual donors.
You will bring a confident approach to the role, enabling Blueprint for All to continue raising vital unrestricted income to further our ambition to drive systemic change and create a more inclusive society in which everyone is provided with tangible opportunities to succeed.
Your experience will be from an Individual/Regular Giving fundraising background, or perhaps a Digital Marketing background, where you have communicated with a large network of donors and/or individuals using email and/or social media to connect with and acquire new support.
The successful candidate will also have the freedom to look at other innovative ways of Fundraising from individuals, whilst line-managing the Senior Fundraising Officer, who looks after Community and Challenge Events Fundraising.
- To lead and manage all fundraising activity within the organisation. This is predominantly Individual Giving, but you will have oversight of community and challenge fundraising streams that are coordinated by the Senior Fundraising Officer.
- Working with our communications team to develop high-quality, engaging email marketing materials and communications that drive donor acquisition and retention.
- To work within a collaborative Management Team to deliver on the Fundraising Strategy, annual fundraising plans and income targets.
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and new donors in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
- To work with and manage the Senior Fundraising Officer to identify new and innovative opportunities for income-generating activity amongst schools, community groups and youth networks.
- To support the maintenance of the website, ensuring it contains high quality content that accurately reflects opportunities for supporting the charity and donor case studies/success stories.
- Overseeing the management and development of our CRM database (Donorfy) to manage donor activity and analysis.
- Pro-actively responding to opportunities for support, ensuring you have a holistic view about how to best maximise each relationship and activity.
- Ensure existing and new relationships are stewarded effectively to secure long-term support.
- Administrative tasks such as income reporting and feeding into internal organisational updates and reporting when necessary.
- Maintaining the pipeline of activity with up-to-date income, reporting, forecasting and areas for opportunity.
- Setting clear direction and leadership to the Senior Fundraising Officer, delegating tasks for them to deliver on and managing their development.
- Meeting with fellow colleagues in other departments (Programmes, Communications, Partnerships & Finance) to ensure areas for collaboration are not missed.
- Thanking donors promptly and ensuring the necessary follow up is completed.
- Proactively staying across the Fundraising sector to identify trends and areas of opportunity.
- To represent Blueprint for All at internal and external events including networking events, as and when required.
- 2 years fundraising/digital marketing experience, ideally within Individual/Regular Giving but other income streams would be desirable.
- Proven track record of meeting income targets and building relationships with supporters at all levels.
- Experience in using a supporter management system or CRM.
- Proven experience of working on all aspects of the delivery of successful fundraising direct marketing campaigns across a variety of channels within a charity.
- Knowledge and experience in donor acquisition and supporter retention.
- Ability to communicate to a high standard with a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing, and in both formal and informal situations.
- Experience in creating and reviewing budgets and reporting on income where necessary.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment within the Fundraising Code of Practice as well as data protection legislation (GDPR), and Gift Aid.
Personal Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and steward
- Ability to prioritise workloads, organise tasks effectively and involve other members of the team when needed
- A self-starter that is able to take initiative and spot opportunities
- Motivated by success
- A commitment to Blueprint for All’s mission & vision
Please complete a covering letter statement attached to your CV demonstrating your capabilities in relation to the points listed under Experience and Personal Skills & Attributes listed above.
Where relevant use your answers to illustrate how your competences have helped you achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being short listed.
Diversity and Inclusion policy
Blueprint for All is keen to encourage applications from people from all backgrounds including race, disability, gender, faith and sexual orientation.
26 days annual leave + bank holidays
(3 days to be taken between Christmas and New Years Eve)
3% employer pension contribution
Enrolment in employee benefits scheme upon completion of probation (access to a discounts platform, online GP and counselling service, ability to claim money back for dental, optical, and other health and wellbeing services).