Blueprint for All Programmes
Blueprint for All’s programmes and the whole charity, at time of appointment, are in a very exciting phase of diversification and growth.
Our programmes span three main areas:
Careers: We work with schools, universities, community groups and employers to inspire and enable young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, aged 13-30 to pursue the career of their choice. From career advice to support gaining skills, qualifications and the critical foundations required to ensure professional success, we aid young people on their journey to a fulfilling and successful career.
Communities: We run programmes nationally that support community groups working primarily with people from diverse ethnic backgrounds and those from challenging socio-economic backgrounds to maximise their impact and make positive changes for local people.
Society: We are working to create a society where talent is respected and nurtured irrespective of where it comes from, where organisations recognise and realise the benefits of a diverse workforce, and where our communities can come together and thrive for example our bespoke consultancy Building Inclusive Futures purpose is to drive systemic change in organisations and society as a whole.
Digital Transformation: This year we are working to develop an innovative digital platform that will connect talented and ambitious young people with opportunities with employers and in industries that would normally be out of their reach. These opportunities include mentoring, work placements, internships and employment. Organisations joining the digital platform will be able to post opportunities and benefit from access to a rich mix of talent that they often struggle to reach. Young people from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds will get the support and experience they need to enter the career of their choice.
Our programmes are diverse and growing aligned with the needs of the breadth of our participants, partners, funders, and organisational strategic aims. This role is a key role to creatively and confidently manage the existing programme strands and new programmes and projects that we have.
Purpose of this post:
The Head of Programme will lead the strategy and execution of Blueprint for All’s programming, manage partner relationships, measure and drive programmatic impact, and represent the organisation externally. This role will be appealing for a skilled programme strategist who enjoys nurturing a shared vision and building long-term, collaborative partnerships.
Blueprint for All Strategy
- Devise and implement operational plans that deliver organisational strategy, setting achievable but ambitious targets for the programmes team
- Play an active role in strategic reviews and contribute to the wider thinking and planning of the organisation.
- Be responsible for the successful running of all existing and new programme, ensuring that our values are intrinsic in all of our work
- Identify opportunities for new programmes, in line with our strategy
- Develop annual programme budgets and monitor income and expenditure against them
- Identify risks of new and existing programmes, supporting the team to use robust risk management processes
- A track record of managing all elements of contracts, including designing funding criteria
- Contract management and financial/ risk management
- Lead, motivate, support and inspire, creating a positive, performance driven team environment
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team, taking responsibility in the delivery of high quality and impactful programmes
- Develop opportunities for our partnership to become actively involved in delivering our programmes
- Work alongside Blueprint for All’s communications team to implement and deliver communications strategy to raise awareness and report impact of our work
- Support the mobilisation and roll-out strategy for our Digital Platform, utilise and ensure effective use of current digital systems (Guider, Workplace by Facebook and Donorfy – CRM).
- Nurture existing partnerships, ensuring both parties remain committed to the partnership and the commitments of the collaboration agreements are met on both sides
- Identify and establish new partnerships to further our work.
- Line manages our Programme Managers and other programmes team staff, including annual appraisals and regular one to one review
- Supervise freelance staff and expert delivery facilitators as necessary
- Ensure the team stay on top of logistics, targets, budgets and plans
- Lead on staff development and training
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and inspire teams to deliver while driving through continuous improvement
- Managing the recruitment, on-boarding and training processes for staff.
- Act as the organisation’s safeguarding lead
- Ensure effective and compliant safeguarding throughout the organisation.
- Measure the social impact of our work, to inform best practice and provide concrete evidence on our achievements and value
- Develop and maintain best practice methods for measuring impact
- Contribute to Annual Report.
Fundraising and communications
- Help build and maintain relationships with prospective and existing funders
- Support the development team to bring in money and raise awareness of our work
- Lead on writing and developing proposal working with the Head of Income Generation
- Overseeing the transition from bidding to mobilising contracts/ grants.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of effectively managing programmes
- Experience of management with demonstrable evidence of strategic planning, managing and creative problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Build, maintain and facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of external partners
- Experience updating and implementing policies and procedures
- Ability to review and evaluate data and implement improvements
- Excellent ability to plan, organise and balance conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of HR policies and practices
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of impact measurement
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems, Digital Systems and databases
How to apply?
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting how your knowledge and skills map to the criteria and responsibilities in this Job Description.
Deadline for applications:
Interviews will take place as applications come in.